Introducing Ring Car Cam – Dash cam with dual-facing HD cameras, Live View, Two-Way Talk, and motion detection
Recently Ring has been on a roll. Just take a stroll down most any block in an urban neighborhood and you see over half the homes on the block with a doorbell camera or some type of camera to monitor the outside of the home. Blame it on the package thieves but it’s true, and Amazon’s Ring division has been capitalizing on crime by helping consumers take a bite out of it… or at least get the crooks on camera. What could they possibly think of next? Well, just keep on reading..
Know what’s happening in and around your car with Ring!
Latest and Greatest Ring Camera
The Ring Car Cam is the latest addition to the company’s line of home security products. This camera is designed specifically for cars, and it offers a range of features to help keep your vehicle safe. The device is small and can be mounted on the dashboard, using a cantilever arm to give it the necessary height.
One of the key benefits of the Car Cam is the ability to receive real-time alerts when motion is detected in your parked vehicle. With the Ring app, you can check in on your car with the Live View button when the camera is connected to your home wifi. If you’re away from your home wifi, you can still see live video with a Ring Protect Go subscription. The Control Center feature also allows you to view, control, and customize important security settings.
The Car Cam is easy to install and plugs into your vehicle’s OBD-II port. The device is powered by the car’s battery, and it has a power management system that will turn itself off to preserve the battery. Additionally, the device will go into low-power mode when the vehicle is parked to minimize battery drain.
Another great feature of the Car Cam is the ability to record traffic stops. When you say “Alexa, record,” the camera will capture the scene for up to 20 minutes, even if the car is parked and turned off. With a Protect Go subscription, the beginning of the event will also be uploaded to the cloud.
Designed with Your Privacy in Mind
In terms of privacy, the Car Cam includes a built-in privacy cover that can be flipped up to turn off the microphone and block the cabin-facing camera. You can also disable location sharing at any time through the Ring app. Additionally, you can save videos locally to the device, which can be played back in the Ring app, however to download or share these videos or store video highlights in the cloud for up to 180 days, subscription to Ring Protect Go is required.
In conclusion, the Ring Car Cam is an excellent security device that offers a range of features to help keep your vehicle safe. With real-time alerts, the ability to check in on your car, and the ability to record traffic stops, this camera is a valuable addition to any car security system. Additionally, with a Protect Go subscription, you’ll be able to stay notified about and check in on your car when it’s on the go and also have access to more features like cloud storage for videos.
- Dual-facing HD cameras – Two wide-angle cameras with Night Vision, one road-facing to capture detailed driving footage, and one cabin-facing so that you have a security camera to protect against break-ins.
- Motion alerts with real-time notifications – Receive alerts for motion detected in your car when connected to your home wifi.
- Live View + Two-Way Talk – Have the ability to see inside and talk with anyone in your car from your smartphone through the Ring app when your car is parked and and connected to Wi-Fi or LTE.
- Easy installation – Car Cam plugs into your vehicle’s OBD-II port. For safety, only use Car Cam in vehicles where the OBD-II port is located to the left side of the steering wheel
- Privacy cover – A built in privacy cover lets you block the cabin-facing camera which also electronically shuts off the microphone.
- Traffic Stop – Ask Car Cam to record by using the command, “Alexa, record”, to save highlights to the cloud with an optional Ring Protect Go subscription (sold separately).
- Ring Protect Go – When your car is away from your home wifi, get access to 180-day cloud storage, use Live View and Two-Way Talk wherever your car is, locate your car with built-in GPS, get rich notifications, real-time notifications and more.
- See More of the Ring Car Cam at Amazon.
- What Will Amazon’s Ring Think of Next? - January 13, 2023
- Is Netflix Down or Does Your Network Need Help? - January 13, 2023
- Consumers Resource accepts crypto currency - August 3, 2017